Legal Advice for Dealing with False Sexual Harassment Claims
At Draycott Browne we understand how distressing it is to be accused of sexual harassment and the stigma that is attached to such allegations. Investigations into sexual harassment can be lengthy and complicated, which is why you need a qualified sexual offence solicitor that you can trust and depend upon to achieve the best outcome for you.
Allegations of sexual harassment are so easy to make and yet they can devastate lives, affecting a person’s relationships, career, and reputation. It is essential that you seek the professional advice of the highest quality, and you will find it at Draycott Browne. We will provide you with first rate advice and support from the outset, and pride ourselves on our absolute dedication to protecting the rights and interests of each and every one of our clients. We will put you at your ease with our straightforward and friendly approach and will treat you with understanding and respect throughout.
If you have been accused of sexual harassment contact us today on +44 (0)161 228 2244 so that we can begin defending you and working towards a successful conclusion.
What is sexual harassment?
Sexual harassment is defined by the Equality Act 2010 as unwanted behaviour of a sexual nature that is intended to:
- Violate another person’s dignity.
- Create an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating, or offensive environment.
- Cause distress to another person.
This can include:
- Unwelcome sexual advances.
- Making derogatory remarks or telling sexist jokes.
- Spreading sexual rumours about another person.
- Making promises in return for sexual favours.
- Asking intrusive questions about a person’s private or sex life, and/or discussing your own sex life.
- Displaying sexually graphic images.
- Treating someone less favourably, due to their rejection of the harassment. For example, turning someone down for a promotion at work.
Other factors that need to be taken into consideration include:
- An individual can experience sexual harassment from someone of the same or different sex.
- Unwanted behaviour can be a one-off. It does not need to be prolonged or repeated to constitute sexual harassment
- The offensive behaviour does not need to be aimed directly at another person. It can be witnessed or overheard.
- Sexual conduct that has been welcome in the past can become unwanted.
What are the penalties for sexual harassment?
Cases of sexual harassment can be heard by either a Magistrates Court or Crown Court.
Penalties for harassment of any sort are punishable by anything from a fine up to a custodial sentence.
If the harassment escalated into a serious crime such as sexual assault or rape, these cases will be dealt with by the Crown Court, and attract harsher sentences up to life imprisonment.
Any allegations of sexual offences can also attract a great deal of publicity, doing untold damage to a person’s reputation and livelihood so it is important that you instruct accomplished solicitors who can help to minimise the impact and damage done by these accusations.
How we can help
We will review the evidence against you and listen to your side of your story, providing you with clear and coherent advice throughout. We are able to assist you throughout the entirety of your case including:
- Police station representation.
- Protecting your rights.
- Ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout.
- Protecting your reputation.
- Detailed and expert analysis of the case against you.
- Compiling a strong defence.
- Representing you in court.
- Advising on you on the appeals process where necessary.
We have a track record for achieving excellent results and consistently work to the highest standards, with a diligence and commitment that is second to none for each and every one of clients.
24 Hour Availability
Arrests are rarely anticipated, which is why we are available around the clock, seven days a week, 365 days of the year, to assist you at the police station, whenever you need us.
Legal fees can be an unexpected cost that you many struggle to afford. By applying for legal aid, you can relieve financial stress during your case, leaving you to focus on what matters. Our solicitors can advise you on your eligibility and will guide you through the process of applying for legal aid, giving you the best chance of a successful application.
Contact the experts today
When faced with the accusation of a crime as serious as a sexual harassment, it is imperative that you seek the best legal services available to you.
Contact our Sexual Offence Solicitors in Manchester today by calling 0161 228 2244. If you would like us to contact you, simply fill in our online enquiry form and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible.
The Sexual Offence team at Draycott Browne is highly regarded, nationally across the legal profession and is noted for consistently delivering positive results. Our Criminal Solicitors in Manchester possess a breadth of technical knowledge across Sexual Offences that will provide you with the expertise required when facing such sensitive allegations and investigation by the police.
As one of the nation's leading Criminal Defence Law Firms, we regularly act for clients in London and throughout the North West including Manchester and Liverpool, who need expert legal representation and advocacy following allegations of sexual offences, or where charges have been brought by the police. By entrusting your case to us, you can be assured that you will be working with a team of highly skilled and experienced Sexual offence Solicitors who have a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of the law.
Our legal team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, With your freedom at stake, If you or somebody you know has been arrested and needs expert legal representation, call Draycott Browne today on +44 (0)161 266 7083 or complete our contact form, for the very best criminal defence for allegations of sexual offence.