Identity Fraud Offence Solicitors Manchester
Our Identity Fraud Offence Solicitors provide expert legal advice and representation for anyone accused of committing identity fraud.
Identity fraud is an offence taken very seriously by the authorities. Being accused of identity fraud can be a highly stressful situation for those accused and their loved ones. Identify fraud cases are often extremely complex, therefore if you are being investigated for identity fraud you should seek legal advice as early as possible.
Draycott Browne has a strong track record of successfully representing and advising clients in serious high value fraud cases since 1998. Our team of highly talented and experienced fraud solicitors defend our clients’ cases with determination, skill and attention to detail, and we could help you defend your case too. Call us today on +44 (0)161 228 2244
WHAT IS IDENTITY FRAUD?
Identify fraud is when an imposter dishonestly uses the identity of another person or organisation to benefit themselves (or others), and/or cause a loss for the victim.
Identity fraud covers a wide range of situations, and the opportunities continue to grow as more and more business is conducted online. Some examples include:
- Opening a bank account using another person’s identity
- Assuming the identity of someone else to use their bank account without authorisation
- Applying for credit cards and/or loans using a stolen identity
- Ordering goods using a stolen identity
- Taking out mobile phone contracts in the name of a stolen identity
- Obtaining official documents such as passport / driving licence in the name of a stolen identity
- Applying for benefits in the name of a stolen identity
WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR IDENTITY FRAUD?
Penalties for serious identity fraud cases can be severe. Convictions can result in lengthy prison sentences, and substantial fines may also be imposed.
In addition, a conviction for identity fraud may impact future job prospects and the ability to obtain important financial services.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
For over 20 years, Draycott Browne has been successfully guiding and representing clients in serious and high value fraud cases. Our solicitors are skilled and experienced at handling the intricacies of complex cases, and we will vigorously challenge the evidence against you. We have a formidable reputation for defending serious high value cases with tenacity and precision to provide our clients with the best defence possible.
We will liaise with the authorities for you and if you are asked for information, we will counsel you on what to say. We have over 20 years’ experience dealing with the main enforcement agencies, such as:
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
- The Serious Fraud Office (SFO)
Throughout your case, we will be there to support you and provide you with professional advice and guidance, including:
- Representing you during questioning
- Ensuring your rights are protected and that you are treated fairly throughout the process
- Advising you on your plea
- Applying for bail - where necessary - and ensuring the impact of any conditions is minimised
- Ensuring you are fully prepared for your trial
- Providing expert representation in court
- Helping you protect your reputation
- Advising and assisting you on the appeals process, if necessary
We understand that being charged with a fraud offence can be a very stressful experience. Our dedicated and experienced legal team will work tirelessly to defend your case, whilst ensuring that you and your loved ones are treated with understanding, empathy and respect at all times.
24 HOUR AVAILABILITY
It is not always possible to anticipate an arrest, which is why our legal advisors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. At Draycott Browne we have a team of professionals ready to assist you whenever you need us. We will represent you at from the start to make sure you and your case are treated fairly and appropriately.
Defending your name is worth every penny, but if you need assistance with the financial cost of your legal fees, we can help you to apply for legal aid. Our solicitors can guide you through the application process to help you get the maximum support possible.
Draycott Browne offers services within Manchester and throughout the north west of England. By bringing your case to us, you can be assured that you will be supported by a team of highly skilled and committed legal specialists.
Our legal team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with solicitors committed to providing world-class representation for all of our clients. If you or somebody you know has been arrested and needs expert legal representation, call Draycott Browne today on +44 (0)161 228 2244 or complete our contact form.