Bank Fraud Solicitors
Our team of highly-experienced Bank Fraud Solicitors are available to provide expert legal advice to anyone accused of committing bank fraud.
Being accused of bank fraud is a serious situation. If you or your business are being investigated for bank fraud, it is crucial you obtain legal advice before taking any further steps. Such allegations can be particularly damaging to the reputation of both companies and individuals and as cases can be highly complex, expert advice is essential.
Draycott Browne has successfully represented and advised clients in serious high value fraud cases since 1998 and our team of skilled fraud solicitors could help you defend your case. Call us today on +44 (0)161 228 2244
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
For over 20 years, Draycott Browne has been successfully defending clients in serious and high value fraud cases. Our solicitors are skilled and experienced at dealing with complex cases and we will vigorously challenge the evidence against you. We have a formidable reputation for defending serious high value cases with tenacity and precision to provide our clients with the best defence possible.
We will liaise with the authorities for you and if you are asked for information, we will counsel you on what to say. We have over 20 years’ experience dealing with the main enforcement agencies, such as:
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
- The Serious Fraud Office (SFO)
Throughout your case, we will be there to support you and provide you with professional advice and guidance, including:
- Representing you during questioning
- Ensuring your rights are protected and that you are treated fairly throughout the process
- Advising you on your plea
- Applying for bail – where necessary - and ensuring the impact of any conditions is minimised
- Ensuring you are fully prepared for your trial
- Providing expert representation in court
- Helping you protect your reputation
- Advising and assisting you on the appeals process, if necessary
We understand that being accused of bank fraud can be a very stressful experience. Our dedicated and experienced legal team will work diligently to defend your case, whilst ensuring that you and your loved ones are treated with understanding, empathy and respect at all times.
WHAT IS BANK FRAUD?
Bank fraud is using dishonest and potentially illegal methods to obtain money or assets from either a bank or its customers.
Due to the complexities of the banking system, bank fraud can take various different forms. As all situations are different, it is important you seek legal advice as soon as possible if you are being investigated for bank fraud. Some common examples of bank fraud include:
- Falsely representing a bank or other financial institution, e.g. to obtain customer details as part of a phishing scam
- Forging or altering checks, which are then paid into a bank account created by a fraudster so that the funds can be used
- Falsifying bank transaction requests, such as using false documentation to request electronic transfer of funds from a victim’s account to an account controlled by a fraudster
- Fraudulent loan applications, where the applicant hides material information during the application process e.g. credit history problems
WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES?
Penalties for the most serious fraud cases can be severe. Convictions can result in lengthy prison sentences, and substantial fines may also be imposed.
In addition, a conviction for banking fraud may impact future job prospects and the ability to obtain insurance and other important financial services.
24 HOUR AVAILABILITY
It is not always possible to anticipate an arrest, which is why our legal advisors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. At Draycott Browne we have a team of professionals ready to assist you whenever you need us. We will represent you at from the start to make sure you and your case are treated fairly and appropriately.
Defending your name is worth every penny, but if you need assistance with the financial cost of your legal fees, we can help you to apply for legal aid. Our solicitors can guide you through the application process to help you get the maximum support possible.
If you are under investigation for bank fraud, contact our specialist defence lawyers for advice today. Our Fraud Solicitors have significant expertise in these cases and will be able to provide you with the best-possible advice and support.
We take great pride in our dedication and professionalism. We are relentless in the pursuit of achieving the best result possible for all of our clients and will continuously work hard on your behalf with an attention to detail and tenacity that is second to none.
We have over 25 years of experience in this area of law. Our track record in even the most complex and sophisticated of cases shows that you’ll have the best possible chance of a successful outcome to the challenge you are facing.
Draycott Browne is one of the UK's top criminal law firms. We regularly provide specialist criminal defence representation in cases involving bank fraud to clients in Manchester, Liverpool, London, Birmingham and throughout the whole of England and Wales.
When facing serious consequences, trust in Draycott Browne. You cannot afford to settle for anything less.
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with solicitors committed to providing first-class representation for every client. If you or somebody you know has been arrested and needs expert legal representation, call Draycott Browne today on +44 (0)161 228 2244 or complete our contact form.