VAT Fraud Solicitors - Manchester
Our VAT Fraud Solicitors have been helping businesses accused of committing VAT fraud since 1998, giving us the expertise required to provide industry-leading legal advice.
VAT fraud investigations can be particularly disruptive for businesses due to the detailed nature of the investigations. Company and personal reputations are also put at risk, making the situation particularly stressful for business owners and their loved ones.
Due to the complexity of the law around VAT fraud and the thoroughness of investigations, VAT fraud cases can be particularly lengthy and complicated. To ensure you have the right support and advice during that time, you should obtain expert legal advice as soon as possible.
Draycott Browne's team of fraud lawyers has successfully represented and advised clients in serious high value fraud cases since 1998 and we could help you defend your case. Call us today on +44 (0)161 228 2244
how our VAT fraud solicitors can help you
We have successfully guided clients in complex, high-value fraud cases for over 20 years. Our VAT Fraud Solicitors provide advice in some of the most complex cases around and have the experience and knowledge required to provide you with the best defence possible.
Over the years, our team has developed a reputation for defending serious cases with unmatched tenacity and precision, gaining vast experience dealing with enforcement agencies including:
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
- The Serious Fraud Office (SFO)
This means we know exactly what to do, no matter what's thrown our way.
Throughout your case, we will:
- Represent you during questioning
- Ensure your rights are protected and you're treated fairly
- Advise you on your plea
- Apply for bail where necessary and ensure the impact of any conditions is minimised
- Fully prepare you for trial
- Provide expert representation in court
- Advise and assist on the appeals process if required
- Help you protect your reputation
We understand how serious being accused of VAT fraud is and the stress it brings. With Draycott Browne's VAT Fraud Solicitors by your side, you can be confident you have someone with the expertise required to get you the best-possible result and help you get your life back on track as soon as possible.
Call us today on +44 (0)161 228 2244 to speak to a member of our team.
WHAT IS VAT FRAUD?
VAT fraud occurs when a business either doesn’t charge the right amount of VAT and/or doesn’t pay the appropriate amount to HMRC.
As the rules around VAT are complex, it is easy for businesses to make genuine mistakes which can see them being investigated for VAT fraud.
VAT fraud can take numerous forms, but common examples of VAT fraud include the following:
- Suppressing sales or inflating purchases to avoid or reduce the VAT liability
- Not charging VAT when it should be charged, e.g. cash in hand jobs
- Falsifying VAT invoices to make it look like VAT was paid
- Charging VAT despite not being registered for VAT, and then not accounting for that VAT to HMRC
- Carousel or Missing Trader Intra-Community Fraud where goods are imported VAT free from EU countries and then sold to customers at a price which includes VAT, without paying HMRC the VAT liability.
WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR VAT FRAUD?
VAT fraud is treated as a serious offence and carries financial penalties as well as a potential custodial sentence of up to 10 years for very serious cases.
24 HOUR AVAILABILITY
It is not always possible to anticipate an arrest, which is why our legal advisors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. At Draycott Browne we have a team of professionals ready to assist you whenever you need us. We will represent you at from the start to make sure you and your case are treated fairly and appropriately.
Defending your name is worth every penny, but if you need assistance with the financial cost of your legal fees, we can help you to apply for legal aid. Our solicitors can guide you through the application process to help you get the maximum support possible.
Draycott Browne offers services within Manchester and throughout the north west of England. By bringing your case to us, you can be confident that you will be working with a team of highly skilled and committed legal specialists.
Our legal team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with expert VAT fraud solicitors committed to providing a world-class defence for their clients. If you or somebody you know has been arrested and needs expert legal representation, call Draycott Browne today on +44 (0)161 228 2244 or complete our contact form.