Freezing Orders Defence Solicitors - Challenging and Discharging Asset Freezing Injunctions

Our Freezing Order Solicitors offer specialist advice and support to anyone whose personal or business assets have been subjected to a freezing order.

Freezing orders are often given without any notice being given to the defendant, making receipt of one a shocking, stressful time. To compound this, failure to comply can result in severe consequences. Contacting a solicitor with the technical expertise required to deal with your case efficiently and effectively.

If you have been named in a freezing order, seeking legal representation as soon as possible will give you the best chance to protect your assets. Contact our team today by calling +44 (0)161 228 2244 or filling in our contact form to ensure you receive the best possible advice.


By contacting our experienced legal team, you will have access to first-class legal advice. We assist individuals or businesses, and our solicitors will guide you through the process of a freezing order and help you:

  • Apply for the release of restrained funds on your behalf in order to maintain your household
  • Assist you in the reparation of your assets
  • Arrange the payment of debts
  • Apply for the discharge of your freezing order
  • Help you prepare a statement for the court


What is a freezing order?

A freezing order is an injunction from the court that prevents a person from accessing or disposing of their personal or business assets. These could include bank accounts, shares, investments, property and land etc. It is typically enforced in order to prevent a defendant from disposing of their assets before a judgement has been made on a separate case.


What you should do

If you have been named in a freezing order, you are likely to be shocked and stressed due to the unexpected nature of the injunction, as quite often, freezing orders are given without any notice being given to the defendant. However, if you do not adhere to the terms of the order, the consequences could be much greater. Once you have received a freezing order you must:

  • Contact a solicitor who is experienced in freezing cases
  • Ensure you comply with the terms stated in the freezing order (any breach of the order will lead to charges of contempt of court)
  • Give notice of the terms of the order to all relevant parties such as employees, banks, and any others who jointly hold assets with you or on your behalf.
  • If required, disclose details of your assets honestly. This is likely to be required within a given time-scale as specified in the terms of the order.

Freezing Orders are among the most serious court orders handed out and failure to comply with the terms can be seen as contempt of court and lead to a prison sentence. It is vital that you adhere to the terms of the order and seek professional advice as soon as possible.


We understand that you want to regain access to your assets as soon as possible, which is why our solicitors strive to work quickly and efficiently to resolve all freezing cases as quickly as possible.

Specialist expertise are essential when it comes to instructing a firm of solicitors to deal with Freezing Orders. Draycott Browne is well-placed to offer you the required advice and guidance on such financial matters and our reputation speaks for itself. Our solicitors will be both stringent and thorough, utilising their in depth knowledge in this area, as they work tirelessly to bring your case to a swift end.

We are highly regarded nationally across the legal profession and noted for consistently delivering positive results for our clients. Our expert Asset Freezing Solicitors regularly act for clients in Manchester, Preston, Blackpool, Liverpool, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, and London. As recognised Criminal Defence Lawyers we can represent you wherever you live in England and Wales.

By entrusting us, you can be assured that you will be working with a team of highly skilled and experienced Serious Crime Solicitors who have a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of this area of law.

If you are looking for a highly respected Criminal Law Firm to represent you, then look no further than Draycott Browne.

If you have been affected by a freezing order and need advice on what to do next, call Draycott Browne today on +44 (0)161 228 2244.

Contact Us